Friday 8 June 2012

It's up to you New York, New York!!!


A few months ago I visited New York City, I have wanted to visit for years and years and now I am lucky that my brother lives there so I always have somewhere to stay. New York is an amazing place to visit and has so many place to see and so many amazing things to do, however for the more fashion savvy amongst you I do have some suggestions.


One of the places I had wanted to visited was The New York London where Gordon Ramsey's restaurant is. OK so strictly speaking it isn't a fashionistas usual haunt, but the decor is 1920's inspired and soooooo beautiful to look at that I was mesmerised. I could just imagine 1920's flappers at the bar ordering Matrtini's. If you go you will see what I mean! I went for drinks and a light lunch one day and it was sooooo delicious I enjoyed a vodka cocktail with a spicy kick which was one of the best things I have tried. For lunch I had a BLT which doesn't sound to exciting but it consisted of tomato jelly, lettuce custard and Bacon foam, which was very strange but ultimately delicious. It was $40 well spent and I will definitely be going back next time I visit.


Another place I wanted to visit was Manolo Blahnik, the home of some of the world's most gorgeous shoes, Sarah Jessie Parker's TV alter ego Carrie Bradshaw wore them in TVs Sex and the City. However after searching for the store for what seemed like an age, I accidentally came across it and trust me if I'd have blinked I would have missed it. Unfortunately I couldn't go in as the store is by appointment only, however I did press my nose up against the window for the longest time. I was in awe of all the beautiful shoes I saw. Next time I go I will definitely be taking some of my hard earned cash and buying a pair of those fashionable beauties.


For the ultimate luxury fashion experience Barneys is a must, they have some of the most beautiful and trendy pieces of the season and the staff are so lovely and you can touch as much as much as you want and trust me i did. I also recommend Bloomingdale's and Macy's in New York they are amazing department stores and are full of fashion bits and bobs to suit every ones pocket. Bloomingdale's has an amazing collection of fur coats, designer shoes and ready to wear clothing. Whereas Macy's has all the history of New York's oldest department store as well as the original escalators from the 1930's. These are a must for true fashionistas.


My final must see for fashionistas is 7th Avenue. Here you will find the most amazing fabric shops, Parsons school of design and the workshop from TV's Project Runway. If that isn't enough Soho and 5th Avenue aren't far away which are full of the most amazing shops. I honestly can't think of a better place to feed your fashion addiction, it certainly satisfied mine and I can't wait to go back and explore even more.


New York satisfied and exceeded all of my fashion dreams and expectations and I hope to move to the home of fashion at some point in the future. I love New York and I love Fashion and I can't wait to go again. I hope to go during fall fashion week in September so I can truly feel the city come alive. I hope if you get the chance to go you visit some of the places I suggested and if you have anymore suggestion I would love to hear them, but for now my heart belongs to the city that doesn't sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment